Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day and a Vendor Profile!

First of all, Happy Valentine's Day to everyone out there!  I know there will be a plethora of new brides-to-be after today!  In fact, one of my friends just proposed today!  According to families.com and The Diamond Information Center approx. 10% of marriage proposals happen today.  So congratulations to all you newly engaged couples, and to those of you who tied the knot today!

Anyone wanting to share their plans for Valentine's Day?  I know my husband and I like to do a more low-key, at-home type celebration.  We've made fondue or other special dinners in years past.  This one we are following that tradition, and we are making lobster tails, crab cakes, twice baked potatoes, asparagus, and eclairs for dessert.  Getting hungry just thinking about it!

And speaking of food, February's Vendor Highlight is on a wonderful bakery by the name of Dolce Baking Company in Prairie Village.  They are a boutique scratch bakery, and have been in business since fall 2007.  Several brides that I've worked with have gone with them to do their wedding cakes, and from personal experience their cakes deserve rave reviews!  Not only are the beautifully decadent, but supremely delicious.  So if you are looking for a good bakery to make your cake, groom's cake, dessert bar, cupcake creation, etc. I think you should consider going with Dolce!

Website: http://dolcebakingcompany.com
Contact: 913-236-4411

Sample Work:















Photo credits: Dolce Baking Co.

3 comments:

  1. Love that Pink Rose Cake!

    I am doing nothing, just like I do every year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then you should treat yourself to a spa day/night! What better way to say "I love me!" than with a nice mani/pedi!

    ReplyDelete